Visa Check Card/Automated Teller Machine/Electronic Funds Transfer/Wire Transfer & Automated Clearing House (ACH) Transactions/Funds Availability Disclosure Agreement and Statement
The purpose of this Disclosure Agreement and Statement is to inform you of certain rights which you have under the above.
1. Chestnut Run Federal Credit Union VISA CHECK/ATM Services. You may use your VISA CHECK/ATM CARD with your Personal Identification Number (PIN) at ATMs located nationwide that display one of the following network logos: VISA‚ STAR‚ PLUS‚ ALLPOINT‚ or EXCHANGE to conduct the following transactions for each of the accounts you have requested to be accessed by your VISA CHECK/ATM CARD:
a) Withdraw cash from your share draft (checking) account and regular share (statement savings) account.
b) Deposit cash‚ checks‚ or drafts to your share draft (checking) account and regular share (statement savings) account.
c) Transfer funds between your share draft (checking) account and regular share (statement savings) account.
d) Transfer funds from your share draft (checking) or regular share (statement savings) account to your Chestnut Run FCU loan or enclose a loan payment in the form of a share draft (check) or cash in the ATM located at Chestnut Run FCU.
e) Obtain the available balances from your share draft (checking) account and regular share (statement savings) account.
We wish to inform you that some ATMs may only provide access to the accounts you have designated as your Primary Transaction‚ Statement Savings‚ Credit or Loan account.
These are the present services available using your VISA CHECK/ATM CARD and PIN at the above specified networks‚ but other services may be provided in the future as they are developed. The above transactions are only applicable to the accounts which you list on your application form and have designated as the primary account of each account type‚ or such other primary accounts which are added later at your written request.
2. Other ATM Network Access. From time to time we may make arrangements with other ATM networks to grant access to Chestnut Run FCU VISA CHECK/ATM CARDs. We shall inform you when such arrangements are made and describe the services which are made available to you and the charges applicable at the time.
3. Purchase Transactions. You may use your VISA CHECK/ATM CARD with your PIN at any retail establishment (Merchant) where the above listed network logos are displayed as being accepted to purchase goods and services and/or to obtain cash where permitted by the Merchant. The amount of all such Purchases (including any cash obtained, if permitted) will be deducted from your share draft (checking) or regular share (statement savings) account. When you make a purchase using your VISA CHECK/ATM CARD‚ you will be requesting us to withdraw funds from your share draft account or regular share (statement savings) in the amount of the purchase and directing or ordering us to pay these funds to such Merchant.
4. Limitations on the Use of Your VISA CHECK/ATM CARD. You may use your ATM CARD to withdraw each day up to $300 cash if you have a Regular Share Draft Account and up to $500 cash if you have a Super Share Draft Account. You may use your VISA CHECK CARD to withdraw up to $500 cash each day. You may use your ATM CARD for Purchase Transactions (POS) up to $1‚000 each day and your VISA CHECK CARD for Purchase Transactions up the Available Account Balance. These transactions can be done where the above listed network logos are displayed as being accepted or at ATMs displaying other network logos which we inform you are available for you to use and at Merchants from one or a combination of your accounts provided the funds are available in your accounts. The day for withdrawal limits start at 3:00 p.m. each day and ends at 3:00 p.m. the next day. There are also certain limitations on the frequency of use of the VISA CHECK/ATM CARDs each day. These limitations are imposed for security purposes and are not revealed for security reasons.
You will be denied the use of your VISA CHECK/ATM CARD if you exceed the daily withdrawal or purchase limit‚ do not have adequate funds available in your account‚ you do not enter the correct PIN‚ or you exceed the frequency of usage limitation. The receipt provided by the ATM or Merchant terminal will notify you of the denial. There is a limit on the number of such denials permitted. Attempts to exceed the limit will result in machine retention of your VISA CHECK/ATM CARD at an ATM. The number of attempts that result in machine retention is not revealed for security reasons.
5. Illegal Use of Visa Check/ATM Card. VISA CHECK/ATM CARDS may not be used for any illegal transaction. Cardholder agrees that illegal use of the card will be deemed an action of default and/or a breach of contract and the cardholder’s account and other related services may be terminated at the Credit Unionâ€™s discretion. Cardholder further agrees‚ should illegal use occur‚ to waive any right to sue the Credit Union for such illegal use or any activity directly or indirectly related to it and additionally agrees to indemnify and hold the Credit Union harmless from any suits or other legal action or liability‚ resulting from such illegal use. The Credit Union reserves the right to decline to authorize any transaction that may possess an undue risk of illigal activity such as‚ but not limited to‚ gambling‚ etc.
6. How to Contact Chestnut Run FCU. If you believe your VISA CHECK/ATM CARD or your PIN has been lost or stolen or that an unauthorized transfer or purchase from any of your accounts has occurred or may occur‚ please contact the Chestnut Run Federal Credit Union at: Chestnut Run Federal Credit Union P O Box 5037 Wilmington‚ De 19808-0037; (302) 999-4229 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. eastern during normal business days and at (800) 472-3272 any other time.
After an application for a new card is completed‚ a card will be issued to you and a ‘hold’ placed on your old card. After such time‚ if you find your old card‚ you must notify us and return your old card to us. If you attempt to use your old card‚ it will be captured and retained by the ATM or Merchant.
7. Charges for Transactions.
We reserve the right to change our fee schedule form time to time and to charge your account in accordance with the fee schedule that will be provided to you at least thirty (30) days prior to assessment or change in assessment. Surcharge: If you use an ATM that is not operated by us‚ you may be charged an ATM surcharge by the ATM operator or an ATM network utilized for such a transaction. The ATM surcharge will be debited from your account if you elect to complete the transaction.
8. Liability. If a VISA CHECK/ATM CARD is issued for a joint account‚ you agree to be jointly and severally liable under the terms of this agreement and the agreement for such account.
9. Amendment of this Agreement. I agree that from time to time you may amend or change the terms of this agreement including amendments or changes to add further services. You may do so by notifying me in writing of such amendments or changes and my use of the VISA CHECK/ATM CARD after the effective date of such amendment or change shall constitute my acceptance of and agreement to